Sunday, 10 April 2016

Have I Failed my Sleeve?

Have I failed my sleeve? I will be completely honest here, yes I believe I have.

I have been sleeved for 1075 days and have never made it to goal. I was 18 and 121.1kg (267lbs). Now I am 21 and approximately 85kg (187lbs). Because of my height, this means I am still obese. My ultimate goal is 58.5kg (129lbs) but to get there is going to take a lot of effort.

Issues I have had with my sleeve is severe b12 and iron deficiencies which means I am tired ALL THE TIME. I also now have trouble exercising and some days even walking due to bad knees but I hope that taking certain vitamins will rectify that.

I also believe I have stretched my sleeve as I can eat much more now than I could even a year ago. I want that feeling of restriction back. I want to go back to being a super cheap date and not drinking and eating at the same time.

Next Saturday, 16/04/2016, I am going to begin Optislim (au version of Optifast) to try and kick those remaining kilograms to the curb. I am also going to purchase Blogilates' PIIT28 as an at home exercise program as the results I have seen for just one month are amazing and I really want to give it a go to see if I can achieve great things with it.

Great timing, I have been selected to participate in a psychology after bariatric surgery study which includes being taught some emotion freedom techniques, mainly dealing with emotional eating, and I am a BIG emotional eater. Also have some changes coming in my personal life which should hopefully alleviate some of the stress that has been on my shoulders for months.

I want, more than anything, to turn my journey around and become a sleever success. I will post my journey for others to see and to keep me accountable. I also plan on using this to keep track of my measurements as I am constantly losing them (bad memory haha).

If there is anyone out there reading this, know you are not alone on this journey. You can do it, don't let other people's opinions get to you. Do this for you.



xxx
Talei

No comments:

Post a Comment